Forest Ranger Recruitment 2018 APSC : Seeks application for the 50 vacancies for the following post on or before 4th April, 2018.
The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) was established on 1st April, 1937. It has its headquarters in Guwahati. Some of the duties that this office performs are:
- To recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to various services of State Government.
- To advise Government on the methods of recruitment to Civil Services.
- To conduct Department examinations for Government service
Post: Forest Ranger, Assam forest department 50 Vacancies
Reservation details as follows:
|sno||Reservation||Total||RFW(Reserved for women|
|2||Reserved for OBC/MOBC||9||3|
|3||Reserved for SC||4||1|
|4||Reserved for STP||5||1|
|5||Reserved for STH||2||1|
As on 1st Jan, 2018 – Minimum – 21 years and maximum – 43 years. (Relaxable for certain categories)
Graduation in Science or Engineering or equivalent from a reputed University
- Physical standards
- General Category – Male 163 cms, and Female 150cms.
- For Assamese, Bhutanese, Garowalis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Ladakhese, Mizo, Naga, Nepalese, Sikkimese and those from Arunachal Pradesh, Lahaul & Spiti, Meghalaya – Male – 152 cms and Female – 150cms
- Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Written test and interview.
- Written exam will have both Objective and subjective questions from English and General Knowledge subjects.
- Exam date will be announced soon.
- Candidates whose applications are accepted should also take a Walking test of 25kms within 4 hours plus medical examination by Medical Board.
- Candidates will be posted in Assam Forest Service department in Assam
- Pay scale – Pay Band (PB-3), Rs.22,000/- to Rs.87,000/- and Grade Pay Rs.10,300/-
How to Apply for Forest Ranger Recruitment 2018?
- Eligible candidates can send their application in prescribed format mentioned here to Deputy Secretary, Assam Public Service Commision Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, GUWAHATI – 22.
- For more clarifications you can check up the Job advertisement at
- The following should be enclosed with the application
- Original Treasury receipt (details given below)
- 2 copies of recent photograph signed by candidate
- Certificate of age issued by respective Boards in HSLC or equivalent examination (self attested copy)
- Certificates and marksheets of all educational qualification from HSLC onwards (Self attested copy)
- Caste Certificate for candidates belonging to SC/STP/STH/OBC/MOBC from appropriate authorities (self attested copy)
- Also you have to attach experience certificate (where necessary)
- Fee: Original Treasury receipt
- 250/- for Open category
- 150/- for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates
- Original Treasury Receipt should show Name of Post and department and full head of Account “Non-Tax Revenue , OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PSC, 105 STATE PSC Application fee receipt of Assam Public Service Commission”
- Applications should reach the above address on or before 4th April, 2018. Keep a photocopy of your application for future use.
Note: Exam date will be announced soon. Keep checking the APSC site for latest details. In case you are looking for job opportunities in other Government Companies or Private and multinational companies, you can see them at this very website. Bookmark this website for information on the latest job opportunities for both experienced and fresh candidates updated by us on a regular basis.